Ads> Day is changing, people are becoming modern day by day, people are reaching the peak of technology use, lifestyle is changing. And internet is playing the biggest role behind so much modernity. Nowadays, thinking without internet in people’s daily life is becoming difficult for anyone. Internet connection in business is not new at all. As many small and big businesses have started online centric these days, many offline businesses are also expanding their business with the help of internet.
When people think of business, they definitely think of promoting their business through paid marketing with ads on Facebook or Google. Paid marketing based on these two giant mediums has given a lot of momentum to any business these days. These two guerrillas of the advertising world can be important drivers for your business. Although the two platforms are often considered competitors. These two paid marketing platforms perform differently based on business model, business size, ad type, base, cost etc. So I am writing today to overcome the hurdles of choosing the right advertising medium for your business.
What is Paid Marketing?
Paid Marketing which is actually also known as Paid Advertising or Online Advertising. Basically, paid marketing is the promotion of any product or service through various channels by paying money to reach a specific business interest to a target audience or audience. Paid marketing actually includes different channels or platforms, each with its own unique features and target audience. As a result, it is possible to promote a product very easily, very successfully and quickly.
What is Google ads?
To go deeper in this article, we need to know what Google ads and Facebook ads are and what is their paid marketing strategy? “Google Ads”, formerly known as Google AdWords, is a powerful online advertising platform developed by Google Google ads allows businesses and advertisers to create and display ads across various Google-owned platforms, such as Google Search, YouTube, the Google Display Network, and Google Maps.
Google Ads works on a pay-per-click (PPC) or cost-per-impression (CPM) model, where advertisers bid on keywords and get paid when users interact with their ads. It is so widely used, it has become synonymous with the term “paid search”. You can choose from five different types of Google ads:
- Search (also called text ads or search)
- Display (which is the image advertisement on the website)
- Video (video ads on YouTube)
- Shopping (product listings on Google)
- App (promote your app through multiple channels)
What are Facebook Ads?
Basically, to put it simply, Facebook ads are advertising using Facebook. In a little more detail, Facebook ads are a comprehensive and versatile online advertising platform developed by Facebook, which allows businesses and advertisers to create and display ads to audiences on Facebook and other related platforms such as Instagram, Messenger, and Audience Network.
Facebook ads is a popular paid marketing platform powered by Facebook, one of the world’s largest social media networks. So through this you can reach your target audience very quickly. Facebook ads are particularly effective for building brand awareness, engaging with specific demographics, generating brand leads, driving traffic to their website, and even facilitating e-commerce sales.
Facebook ads have the ability to combine precise targeting with visually appealing ad formats. Which makes it a powerful tool to reach and engage with potential customers on social media platforms. Like Google ads through Facebook, a customer can advertise in different ways or in different formats-
- Video ads
- Photo ads
- Slideshow ads
- Event ads
- Messenger ads
- Stories ads
- Instant experience ads
- Dynamic product ads
Benefits of Google ads
Google is one of the most widespread and widely used media in the world. At least 8.5 billion searches are done on Google almost every day. That number per second is actually around 99,000. In a little more detail, almost every person searches Google at least 3-4 times daily for some or other topic. Google’s reach is clear from this survey.
- Larger Audience: One of the main benefits of using Google as a paid marketing platform is the greater reach. Google is the most visited or searched website in the world. About 92% of all searches in the world are done through Google. Google’s search volume is increasing by 10-15% per year. Due to such a large number of people using google daily, the ads published here get reach very quickly.
- Level playing field: PPC newbies often have the misconception that ads will be more active for those with bigger budgets. But surprisingly the fact that budget doesn’t factor much in Google, Google mainly focuses on relevance and quality of ads.
The more relevant and customer friendly the ads published in paid marketing on Google, the more Google’s reputation will grow. As a result people will use Google more. And this is why relevant ads and high-quality advertisers, no matter how low their budgets or bids, are considered by Google to be the most suitable for serving ads.
Keyword targeting is a basic technique in Google Paid Marketing that delivers advertisers’ ads to users who type specific keywords into Google Search. This method will ensure that your product, service or content ads reach your target audience.
Advertisers in Google Paid Marketing can set different budgets for advertising based on their needs, goals and business type. This way advertisers can allocate their budgets to different campaigns, ads or keywords. This results in maximum utilization of their budget and maximum benefit to the advertiser. Advertisers have complete control over their budgets when it comes to Google Paid Marketing. They can set daily or monthly spending limits on their budget if they want. As a result of which his expenses are much optimized and additional expenses are reduced.
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) model
It is a widely used method or model in the world of paid marketing. In this strategy advertisers pay only when someone clicks on their ad. This is a very cost effective method and will ensure that you are paying only for genuine users. PPC is an effective way for advertisers to drive targeted traffic to their website and achieve specific marketing goals.
Different ad formats
Google Ads offers advertisers text ads, image ads, video ads, shopping ads and many other types of ads and formats. With so many different types of advertising methods, different types of businessmen can use the Google platform to promote their desired ads and which can take their business promotion and expansion to the desired heights.
Benefits of Facebook ads
Like Google, Facebook is one of the biggest online platforms in the world with the number of users increasing day by day. According to the survey, until April of this year, about 3 billion people around the world use Facebook. About 2.1 billion people use it every day. About 69 percent of users use Facebook daily on a monthly basis.
From January 2023 to March 2023, approximately 26 million new Facebook users were added to Facebook. Also, those who advertise through Facebook can reach about 2 million people, which is about 75 percent of all Facebook users. So it is very easy to imagine how fast and how much more people will be reached by advertising using this medium. Advantages of Facebook ads-
- Larger Audience: Like Google, Facebook also caters to a large audience. About 35 percent of people over the age of 14 have seen ads through Facebook. Facebook currently has around 10 million advertisers. The study found that between January 2023 and April 2023, the number of users who were shown ads on Facebook increased by nearly 266 million. In the last 12 months, this number is close to 108 million worldwide. So if you use Facebook to advertise, you can reach a much larger audience very quickly.
- Display Advertising: Visualization or display advertising method puts Facebook far ahead of other text based PPC advertising mediums. The best Facebook ads blend seamlessly with videos, images, and other visual content in users’ news feeds, enabling advertisers to not only take advantage of the strong persuasive qualities of visual ads, but also deliver them in a way that creates aspiration within the user.
- Incredible return on investment policy: Advertisers often benefit from the finesse of their targeting options with Facebook. It is also helped by various tools of Facebook to create beautiful and attractive ads. Facebook ads also offer an incredible benefit to new advertisers, which is return on investment budget. Facebook is also much more flexible for advertisers when it comes to budgeting.
- Engagement and Interaction: Users of Facebook Paid Marketing can share likes and comments directly on the ad. Users can directly message the advertiser or organization by entering that ad. This makes it much easier for the advertiser to find their customers or users. This direct interaction puts Facebook ads slightly ahead of other ads.
- Affordable: With Facebook Paid Marketing you can start running ads with any budget. Based on this budget, your ad exposure varies. Facebook will offer you a very affordable advertising system. This affordable offer will put Facebook far ahead of other advertising agencies or mediums on Facebook.
Also with Facebook paid marketing, advertisers are in control of their budget and bidding strategy, for which they can optimize the spend as they wish. In short Facebook Ads is a unique value for money online advertising solution.
So which platform should you choose?
Google ads or Facebook ads? Which platform should you choose for paid marketing? Both the mediums provide many important benefits to its users. But based on business type, budget, return policy, ad format, you should save money on which platform is more suitable for you.
Advertisements get a lot of reach on both Google and Facebook platforms. As mentioned earlier, at least 8.5 billion searches are done on Google every day and about 2.1 million people spend time on Facebook every day. So there is no doubt that if you advertise on any of these two platforms, it will get seen by a lot of people very quickly. So in this case it will be a bit difficult to determine which platform is more suitable for you. In this case, you need to think about which platform your target audience actually uses more.
Google is sometimes ambitious in reaching customers, but often fails to re-reach target audiences and potential customers. So if you think about your brand awareness, reach more customers, re-service them and ease of thinking then Facebook marketing can be considered as a good option for you.
Cost and Return Policy
Cost is an important factor to consider when choosing the best advertising platform for you. Budget really depends a lot on which platform is best for you. The cost of serving Google ads actually depends on many factors like Industry, Targeting Audience, Ads Network etc. Advertising on Google can cost an average of $1,000 to $10,000 per month, with a Cost-Per-Click (CPC) of $1-2.
On the other hand, if we talk about the cost of giving ads on Facebook, the average cost per click on this platform is 0.94 dollars per thousand impressions, which costs about 12 dollars. Finance and insurance are the most used ads on Facebook Ads, but cost a little more than $4 per click on average.
** It can be said that Facebook Ads are cheaper than Google ads. Facebook’s return policy is also a bit more customer friendly than Google’s. So if you think about the return policy and budget, Facebook Ads will be more acceptable for you.
In fact, to talk about the Ads format, first you need to know about your objectives and goals. In this case, the advertising platform will be different for you based on the type of advertisement you are going to advertise more and which media you want to use more.
You can definitely show more creativity on Facebook and it will show your brand reputation and loyalty to your customers. Because visual ads are more prominent on Facebook, their acceptance by the consumer community is slightly higher than that of Google ads. If you have e-commerce business and in that case you need more visual advertisement, then you can prefer Facebook Ads medium.
Google Ads definitely beats Facebook Ads when it comes to customer preferences. Facebook Ads can’t do better than Google to find what kind of product or service a client or user needs. So your product or service reaches the desired customers by Google very quickly. If say a person has an air conditioner broken then he must start searching for its repair. Google Ads will then show these repair related ads more in front of that customer. Which will be more beneficial for the customer to find his specific service.
In this case, Facebook Ads cannot do this. Although he can serve such advertisements earlier, but he cannot serve these advertisements quickly at the exact time according to the customer’s demand. As a result, you must prioritize Google when thinking about reaching a timely customer.
Checkout this article: Corporate LMS – Advantages & Potential of Corporate E-learning